- Cork, Republic of Ireland
- Medical Devices
Role: Associate Director
Location: Model Farm Rd, Cork.
Benefits: Salary, pension, healthcare and yearly bonus.
My client is a medical device company based in Cork, a forefront company in their field. They have over 450 professionals here and have Ireland over 25 years and their products touch the lives of more than 260 million patients yearly.
Associate Director Responsibilities:
- You will be expected to be the technical lead for all projects and have a good understanding of science in the assigned therapeutic area.
- Lead technical transfer project team at the site and liaise efficiently and effectively with involved functions (e.g. Development, Engineering, Laboratory, Supply Chain, Production Unit, Quality Control, HSE, other sites.).
- Instigates new projects which lead to site enhancements, research potential novel products and process improvement for implementation into Manufacturing.
- Associate Director will manage a group of transfer leads at the receiving site.
- Lead and Plan projects including:
- Assessing technical risks & resolving issues
- Assessing schedule risks & identifying acceleration opportunities
- Responsible for planning activities within the core team
- Responsible for management of communications at all levels of organization (Core Team, Sub-team, MTO, QA, Steering committes, R&D Leadership Team (RDLT))
- Ensure all functions supporting the project team are adequately resourced.
- Accountable for developing realistic project budget forecasts.
- Manages technical activities on site level for product transfers (process, technology, analytics, capacity, resources).
- Responsible for introducing and validating new equipment and/or complex new process projects from design through completion and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide strong leadership of onsite transfer sub-team
- Manages team of engineers/transfer leads
- Ensures audit inspection readiness
- Guide and support the development of direct reports through 1-1s, career dialogue and development planning.
- Reinforcing the IOL Culture by continuing to focus the five R&D Behavioural Objectives (Urgency, Collaboration, Courage, Leadership and Optimism)
Skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and experience of process engineering, equipment and automation specification
- Knowledge of GMP validation and change control requirements.
- Knowledge of data analysis by statistical methods.
- Excellent Project Management skills and communications
- Report writing expertise and highly developed people skills.
- Knowledge of process analysis and optimisation, and basic industrial engineering.
- Must also demonstrate analytical skills in problem solving.
Minimum: Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Physics or related discipline
Preferred: Masters/ PhD degree in. Engineering/ Physics or related discipline
- 5-10 years' experience in an R&D / NPI role executing product and process technology transfers in a regulated industry environment.
- Project management and team leadership experience.
- 5-8 years' experience in an advanced technical role which can include applied post graduate studies
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales