Associate Scientist III (in vivo)
- US$30.00 - US$40 per hour + competitive
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Pharma & Biotech
Associate Scientist III - in vivo
Biogen: A global biotech company committed to discovering, developing and delivering worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
The Biomarker imaging department is seeking an experienced research associate to work with the team to develop and validate novel pre-clinical ultrasound and optical imaging methods for neurological indications. Research within this group focuses primarily on neurological diseases.
* Work independently and in collaboration with the research and imaging teams performing in vivo imaging studies
* Be involved in development and optimization of methods for a novel ultrasound method for neuroscience imaging
* Responsible for acquiring, analyzing, reporting, recording and presenting data within our group as well as to collaborating research teams
* Work independently to perform imaging, in vitro and in vivo studies for preclinical imaging projects
The ideal candidate would have background in neurology with familiarity of rodent models of neurological diseases and conditions. The candidate would also have considerable experience with in vivo rodent handling and methods including injections and basic surgeries. The candidate should have excellent laboratory, computer, documentation, and organization skills, as well as good oral and written communication abilities.
Basic neuro-surgical techniques preferred, but not required.
MUST HAVE: 2 plus years of hands-on in vivo rodent experience.
A BS or MS degree in biology, neurology or related degrees
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.