- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation
I am currently working with a Global Pharmaceutical Company who are looking to add an Automation Engineer to their team. The role will be based at their state of the art facility in Cambridgeshire.
- Performing planned and reactive maintenance support to Automation systems, Controls and Instrumentation to reduce the incidence of breakdowns and minimise disruption time.
- Performing improvements and changes to site Automation systems and supporting large Capital projects
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance, completing jobs as specified in work orders and providing accurate documentation and relevant feedback. Ensure all maintenance activities are consistent with Safety, GMP, GAMP and other regulatory requirements.
- Perform control system upgrades across the site as required - both personally writing / documenting / coding / testing or managing external support as needed. Ensure that project work is completed on time and in budget with supporting documentation and training.
- Contribute and input to Automation elements within Revenue and Capital budgets and Key Performance Indicators.
- Contribute to the development of the site maintenance strategy for Automation systems by providing understanding and knowledge of operational needs, equipment performance, maintenance costs, downtime and reliability, including detailed analysis and reporting as required.
- Provide technical expertise and subject matter knowledge relating to design and maintenance of control systems for production equipment and building services, including new and additional systems.
- Support the development of the Automation infrastructure. Perform Automation data storage, backup and restoration. Create and maintain system documentation and managing version control of data and documents.
- Perform continuous improvement activities, support installation, commissioning and qualification of new systems. Participate, as needed, in pre-delivery inspections, factory acceptance testing, design reviews, vendor audits, commissioning and qualification.
- Develop solutions when it is identified that reliability of Automation systems are impacted by obsolescence, failure of equipment and operation. Implementing identified changes, replacements and improvements.
- Manage contractors in accordance with Company procedures.
- Lead investigations into failures or incidents using Root Cause Analysis tools and providing written feedback to inform the maintenance strategy.
- Detailed knowledge of GMP, GAMP, validation protocols, change control and Pharmaceutical regulations and their impact on Automation systems and equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of Automation systems for secondary production equipment, building systems and services. Awareness of developing technologies.
- At or working towards Incorporated Engineer (I Eng) level with a relevant Engineering Institution. Support will be given to achieve this status, as required.
- Ability to work with people using problem solving tools and techniques to identify problems and solutions.
- Ability to deliver planned and reactive maintenance and Automation changes to agreed strategies and plans.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant department Engineering systems and documentation relating to maintenance and projects activities.
I this opportunity is of interest, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales