- Pleasanton, California
- Electronics, Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation , Electronics, Embedded Software
I am working with a world-recognized medical device company in the Bay Area in search of a talented and motivated Electrical Engineer to join the engineering team and lead design change efforts in support of continuation engineering activities. This position will be focused on completing system, analog and firmware designs by revising requirements, debugging, testing electrical circuits and systems as well as documentation.
This will be an opportunity to contribute to a cardiac device that is helping improve and even save lives of millions of people around the world, as it is focused on improving the diagnosis and treatment of heart health. As a core member to the team, you will have direct impact on the design, development and verification of this device while improving your skills in Electrical and Firmware Engineering.
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Contract: 5 months
Start date: ASAP
- Design and oversee implementation and verification of PCBA- level electronics for life-sustaining medical devices
- Design Verification protocols, testing, and execution of electronics systems.
- Select appropriate components and technologies
- Starting from high-level use cases and system requirements as input, author hardware requirement
- specifications, failure mode analysis, test protocols, test reports and detailed design documents
- Conduct design reviews to achieve team alignment
- Troubleshoot and debug system level problems and isolate root causes
Minimum qualifications and education:
- Bachelor of Science in electrical/electronic engineering
- Command of analog circuit design and systems theory as it applies to signal acquisition and conditioning or electromechanical control systems
- Experience in Design Verification for electronics systems, including standard electrical test equipment.
- Command of schematic capture and circuit layout tools, preferably Altium.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant hardware design and development experience, including a minimum of 3 years' experience in developing active medical devices following design controls (automotive and aerospace will be considered)
- Demonstrated ability to work throughout the product life cycle from developing new concepts to driving the design through transfer to manufacturing
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally and at multiple levels in the organization
Familiarity or experience with IEC 60601-1 and IEC 60601-1-2 EMC is a plus, as well as embedded software development.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.