Position: Mechanical Engineer
Location: South SF, CA
Reports Into: VP of Engineering
- Worldwide leader in developing, manufacturing, and creating innovative implantable medical systems, and wearable optical readers.
- Exciting time to join as they are growing quickly and leading the future development on monitoring analytes within the human body.
Day to Day Duties:
- Mechanical design of optical systems, fluidics/sensing systems, thermal assemblies, actuating mechanisms, injectors, fixturing, and enclosures
- Create prototype models to evaluate new design concepts
- Manage mechanical projects through design, fabrication, evaluation, documentation/reporting phases
- Work collaboratively with engineering team, including optical, electric, software, and pre-clinical team to further develop reader technology
Must have important technical skills
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent. B.S. with >5 years experience will also be considered
- Proficient in SolidWorks, 3D modeling, and detailed mechanical fabrication drawings
- Experience in wearable devices
- Experience with photonics and or optomechanical
- Experience with industrial design and human factors consideration
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.