Research Associate, Histology
- Princeton, New Jersey
- Pharma & Biotech
Position: Research Associate, Histology
Location: Central NJ
Duration: 6 months with extendable opportunities
The Company: A global biotechnology company with a robust development pipeline of treatments for a range of human genetic diseases.
The Role: We are seeking a Research Associate for the in vivo pharmacology department. The successful candidate will be involved in animal studies aimed towards investigating the mechanism of action, characterizing the pharmacokinetic /pharmacodynamic properties, and evaluating the efficacy of drug candidates using histology techniques.
- Highly motivated person required with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- Carry on routine histology experiments including collection of rodent tissues (including brain) for histology purposes in different fixatives; processing/embedding of tissues using Tissue-Tek instruments; sectioning of paraffin- as well as cryo- embedded tissues; and staining of sections with histological stains such as H&E and PAS.
- Support the day-to-day functions of in vivo pharmacology department and contribute to team work depending on project needs and skill sets.
- Work closely with the manager and colleagues to prioritize tasks and deliver to meet project timelines.
- BS or MS in Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Animal Sciences, or related disciplines.
- BS or equivalent with minimal 3-5 years of related lab/industry experience, or MS or equivalent with 2-3 years of experience in Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Animal Science or related disciplines.
- The candidate should be proficient in tissue processing, embedding, and sectioning.
- Understanding of routine histological techniques, such as histologic stains and immuostaining is a highly desirable.
- Basic skills using the Microsoft Suite software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
- Experiences in animal necropsy is highly desirable.
- Experience with light, fluorescent, or confocal microscopy would be a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task and deliver results in a versatile working environment are required.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.