Research Associate III - Discovery and Early Development
- US$28 - US$33.33 per hour + competitive
- Pharma & Biotech
Associate Scientist III - Early development and Discovery Biomarkers
Biogen, a global biotech company committed to discovering, developing and delivering worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
The Discovery and Early Development biomarker group is seeking an independent and motivated scientist to join a team engaged in the discovery and progression of novel biomarkers and therapeutics for neurodegenerative, neurobehavioral and neuromuscular diseases. The successful candidate will assume a hands-on role and will be responsible for developing and conducting in vitro based assays focused on evaluating the efficacy and PK/PD relationship of therapeutic drug candidates. The candidate will analyze data, identify next steps, and communicate findings to the team. Effective communication and teamwork will be critical. Eagerness to learn and an ability to manage time efficiently are required.
Position: Associate Scientist III - Early development and Discovery Biomarkers
Location: Cambridge, MA
Contract Length: 4 months
* Develop in vitro assays and technologies to evaluate biomarkers in tissue and fluid (blood, CSF) matrices, PK/PD relationship, and novel biomarkers to characterize molecules for potential therapeutic effects.
* Manage necessary aspects of experimental resource requirements.
* Recognize and troubleshoot data anomalies to maintain high data quality.
* Learning new techniques and approaches as needed to tackle relevant questions.
* Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal/external use.
* Interacting with various project teams as a liaison to share and distribute information and reagents.
* Commitment to help the team achieve deliverables and meet aggressive timelines.
1. Basic experience in cellular and biochemical skills is required
2. Previous experience with standard molecular biology and protein biochemistry techniques (e.g. immunoassay, Western blotting, protein purification, real-time PCR, immunoprecipitation, enzymatic assays)
3. Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to independently assess results.
4. Demonstrated a track record of providing support activities for different research projects, and contributed as an author to peer-reviewed publications.
5. A self-motivated and pro-active attitude, with the ability to multi-task.
6. Solid work ethics and demonstrated record of productivity.
7. A results-driven mentality with a sense of urgency and commitment to the goals of our projects.
8. Intermediate/advanced ability with MS Office, especially Excel, and ability to learn new software.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.