A global presence in the biotechnology industry is seeking to hire a Scientist for a minimum of a 1-year contract. This individual will be supporting Research projects and the Proof of Concept (POC) studies by designing and conducting biophysical and biochemical experiments to describe the molecular and binding characteristics of recombinant and engineered proteins.
The Scientist will be responsible for: 1) protein characterization and protein-protein interaction using HPLC, cIEF, light scattering, Biacore, ITC and other bioanalytical techniques. 2) Designing and executing scientific experiments and will be working closely with other members of Analytical group. 3) Analysis of experimental data and in trouble-shooting.
Duration: 12-month contract
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Compensation: $45-50 per hour
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in the life sciences is required. Higher education is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in protein biochemistry is required.
- Experience in molecular biophysics and structural biology are desired.
- Experience with biophysical instrumentations like Surface Plasma Resonance, Isothermal Calorimetry, DLS, Differential Scanning Calorimetry and isoelectric focusing is required.
- Must be able to work independently and collaborate well with groups.
- Must be a problem-solver and adaptable to sudden changes in assignments.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.