Job Title: Scientist I, Sequencing Prep
Location: Santa Clara, CA 95050
The Scientist will provide scientific excellence and guidance in sample preparation for the nanopore platform. The candidate will contribute to the optimization and development of sample preparation protocols that enable sequencing-based assays in a wide variety of applications.
Overview of duties:
- Optimize workflows and reaction conditions for library and sequencing preparation protocols, to meet system performance specifications.
- Perform hands-on assay development in a fast-paced environment
- Perform analysis of experimental results.
- Characterize assays on the RSS Nanopore sequencing platform
- Work using best laboratory practices, maintaining well-organized and concise records of worked performed and results.Skills:
Highlights of required skills:
- DNA extraction/purification, and analysis methods
- Knowledge of PCR assays, design and implementation
- Gel electrophoresis and nucleic acid quantification methods
- Outstanding lab bench skills and troubleshooting capability
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated critical thinking
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent written and electronic record keeping skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented, in close parallel with the strong ability to also work independently
Very strong candidates will have the following additional skills:
- Industry experience with product development processes (PDP)
- Hands-on industry experience in various molecular biology methods
- Experience working with nucleic acids, enzymes and proteins
- Familiarity with bead-based purification methods
- NGS library prep, and sequencing experience
- Background in bioinformatics or programming languages such as Python
- Agilent Bioanalyzer, Nanodrop, Qubit, or liquid handler experience
- BS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Bioengineering or related fields
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.