Scientist - Protein Biochemistry
- South San Francisco, California
Real Staffing is looking for a PhD level Scientist with expertise in protein purification and protein biochemistry. This position will support our client's drug discovery efforts by generating key research tools and reagents, such as developing biochemical assays and recombinant protein production, to support compound identification and optimization.
- Develop and characterize the steps towards supporting both small and large-scale recombinant protein production and purification
- A successful candidate must have experience with multiple expression systems and a detailed understanding of chromatography methods
- Direct experience with characterizing proteins using biophysical methods: such as ITC, SPR, DSF, and fluorescence spectroscopy
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology or equivalent discipline with several years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of recombinant expression in bacteria, yeast, and mammalian cells
- Hands-on laboratory experience with the design and execution of building polycistronic vectors to be used for optimizing protein purification
- Extensive experience with purification of recombinant protein and characterization of protein complexes using chromatography methods
- Understanding principals and practical applications of biophysical and biochemical methods for protein characterization
- Ability to plan, design, implement and analyze laboratory experimentation to advance projects
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.