Senior Design Quality Engineer (IVD)
In this cross functional quality role you will actively participate in product development and transfer activities, as well as product field and internal quality initiatives, ensuring product and process conformance to FDA and ISO 13485 standards. This role will serve as a resource to product development and manufacturing to improve product quality, reliability, and process capability. This position will be involved in product quality investigations and responsible for identifying and championing sustainable supplier quality improvements. You will facilitate teams in identifying, documenting, assessing, correcting and preventing quality issues using risk analysis and root cause analysis tools. You will be responsible for quality planning and establishing and maintaining metrics to improve quality system processes, process capability, reliability and quality of products.
This role requires exceptionally strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, and a solid understanding of the application of FDA and ISO 13485 standards.
Senior Design Quality Engineer job Responsibilities:
- Provide quality leadership to new product development teams in the areas of design control, design verification and validation, design transfer, process validation, risk management, and specification development.
- Provide ongoing quality engineering support throughout the product life cycle. Provide support to development, engineering and manufacturing functions for validation planning and transfer activities. Assist teams in determining validation needs and requirements.
- Ensures adequacy of complaint, non-conformances and CAPA records, investigations, and corrective actions.
- Aides in the assessment and qualification of new supplier materials such as component specifications and inspection standards
- Participates in supplier audits to drive process standardization and continuous improvement
- Drive product risk management activities and ensure quality and completeness of project design history files, validation packages, and change orders
- Provide consultation to end users and process owners with regard to data collection, analysis and creation of validation reports.
- Become familiar with the applicable technology to facilitate participation in technical discussions and risk-based decision making
- Review verification and validation reports and identify gaps for GMP compliance. Develop and execute strategies to close gaps in an efficient, technical, and compliant manner
- Coordinate issue resolution using a risk-based approach
- Identify areas and opportunities to improve quality system processes
- Ensure product development and validation programs meet requirements of FDA and ISO when applicable
- Trend, analyze, and report on quality data in order to improve product and process; develop recommendations based on data analysis
- Provide management with status updates on assigned responsibilities and goals and escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Take initiative to identify and drive improvements to the Illumina quality system.
Minimum Background Requirements:
- 5- 8+ years' experience in quality assurance field in a regulated environment; direct experience working in in-vitro diagnostic manufacturing preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- Practical experience in design controls, risk management, validation, change control, and supplier quality
- Quality Certification preferred (e.g., CQE)
- Experience applying quality regulations and standards (e.g. 21CFR 820, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC62304, GAMP5, IVDD, ISPE Baseline Guides, and ASTM E2500-07 Verification Guideline)
- Experience with CAPA and failure investigation tools and techniques
- Applied experience with quality and statistical analysis tools (e.g. SPC, 6 Sigma, Risk Analysis, FMEA, DOE, and trend analysis)
- Highly effective communication, facilitation, coaching, and negotiation skills
- Adaptable to fast-paced work environment with shifting demands
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.