Position: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Benefits: Excellent salary, Healthcare, Pension, Life Assurance and Bonus.
My client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work with the design and manufacturing groups to develop robust, sustainable Medical products that meet customer expectations and are cost effective to manufacture. You will play a key role in the process of providing DFSS input to the design and development of products.
My client is a global medical technology company who create specialized devices, solutions and systems for different needs across the healthcare continuum. Their new state-of-the-art R&D centre of excellence in Limerick is home to cutting edge, multi-disciplinary technology.
- Planning, coordination, design, and analysing data of technical experiments at any stage of development including design of experiments activities.
- As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will be expected to work with mechanical technicians coordinate testing and supervise test setups
- Testing and documentation, of integrated systems in compliance with applicable international standards and internal quality systems
- Work with stakeholders to integrate subsystems and verify device designs
- Work with external suppliers to establish requirements and guide design efforts in meeting project milestones
- Support the efforts in creation of specifications, design, and test methods for the new products.
- Interface with manufacturing on an ongoing basis during the development and product enhancement.
- Utilise Design for Six Sigma tools as appropriate to enhance the product design.
- Conduct risk management activities such as Failure Modes Effects Analysis.
- Provide root cause investigation through a CAPA process
- Support the ongoing compliance with requirements for Medical Devices and all associated quality system requirements.
University degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant industrial experience in an electro-mechanical environment preferably medical.
Design for Six Sigma knowledge would be highly advantageous
Knowledge of international standards applicable to medical devices, including ISO 60601-1.
If you are interested in applying or hearing more about the position please forward your CV to the link provided and I will contact you to organise a time for a call.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales