Global pharmaceutical company are looking for a Senior Microbiologist to join their world-class facility in Dublin. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a company that is leading the way in innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry in Ireland.
If you are ambitious, innovative and enjoy working in a patient-focused environment then this is the role for you.
The purpose of the role is to oversee the general running of the Microbiology laboratory, Environmental Management and the aseptic technique associated with the manufacture of biologics product. The Microbiology laboratory is based in the newly built production building.
- Responsible for oversight of the Microbiology laboratory
- Perform microbiological testing as required to support operations.
- Perform environmental monitoring as required to support operations.
- Training of microbiology analysts
- Scheduling of microbiologist work via visual management
- Participate in the technical transfer / validation of microbiological testing procedures including Mycoplasma, Sterility testing and Endotoxin testing.
- Oversight of contract testing laboratories associated with microbiological testing
- Manage the investigation into any non-conformance, instrument malfunction, accident or other abnormal occurrence.
- Manage an effective laboratory documentation system. Prepare and review documents as required.
- Actively lead and support projects, quality initiatives and continuous improvement programmes within the Quality department and in other functional areas.
- As required, act as designee for the Plant Microbiologist in their absence.
- Participate as required in global project teams relating to Microbiology and wider quality activities.
- More than 4 years' experience working in Microbiology in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a Biologics company
- Experience of microbiology testing including Sterility, endotoxin, mycoplasma and Environmental Management
- Knowledge and experience of Lean Laboratories is preferable
- Previous experience in setting up a new Microbiology laboratory is desirable
Extremely competitive salary and benefits package on offer with this position.
If suitable and interested in the role please reach out with an up to date CV.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales