I am working closely with an innovative medical device start-up in Galway who are one of Europe's leading developers in the field of neurovascular medical devices. There's never been a better time to join the team, with manufacturing ramping up due growth. Located in the heart of Galway's medtech hub, the company have moved to a new facility to accommodate the increase in headcount and product development. They truly care about their patients and are looking for a dedicated Senior Research & Development to join them.
As Senior R&D Engineer, you will be a key support to the R&D function in developing products, processes, materials requirements and equipment in order to achieve design brief. You will provide daily engineering support to manufacturing team and/or Product Development team.
Some of your day-to-day will include:
- Interacting with product stakeholders (e.g. external vendors, operations, quality, etc.) to identify opportunities and develop appropriate strategies
- Aligning with internal cross-functional teams and contract manufacturers or design firms to ensure system design, architecture, and verification/validation meets design input.
- Being technical expert on platform and complex projects.
- Project Management
- Developing processes, materials and solutions through in house and out of house development paths.
- Evaluating external technologies and strategically identifies opportunities to implement them
- Ensuring design meets company's expectations in terms of quality, cost and time.
- Using structured problem-solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions
- Reviewing and assessing designs and processes for potential patent opportunities.
- Providing on-going mentoring and technical guidance to colleagues
You have an Engineering/Technical degree (level 8) with at least 5 years' experience post-grad experience in a similar technical role within the medical device industry. You have experience in most of the above responsibilities within an R&D field. You have strong working knowledge and ability to use statistical techniques, six sigma and DFSS methodology. The offer
Permanent contract, pension contribution, annual bonus, healthcare, 25 days' holidays, competitive salary depending on experience.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales