Sr. Facilities Manager
- Haarlem, North Holland
- Pharma & Biotech
Currently I am seeking a senior Facility Manager who will manage all FM assets through a life cycle management model for my pharmaceutical client in Haarlem. Facilities Management is an integrated and global service department in which all site service activities are grouped. Facilities Management in Haarlem is part of Global Facilities Management and responsible for various activities for the benefit of the complete site, including Marketing & Sales and Pharmaceutical Production. These activities relate to technical and facility warehouse management, management of documentation and archives, offering site utilities and site services such as catering, cleaning, security, waste management and site management. I would be glad to provide you with additional information. Do you give me a cal? 020 522 1588 or email me: s.kolks(at)realstaffing.com
Purpose of the role:
Facilities Management is established in line with the policy to outsource non core business and to keep oversight and governance in the retained organization.
As the Facilities Manager Haarlem you keep oversight on scope, compliance and financial performance with a focus on buildings, utilities and site services. In addition you are responsible for improvement of buildings and site in close cooperation with internal clients and Global Engineering or external engineering consultants.
You are responsible for the total facilities management strategy at the site, in which you take care of cost efficiency and effective delivery of all site services in cooperation with the IFM provider, Johnson Control (JCI) and possibly other partners.
You report to the Executive Director Facilities Management in The Netherlands and have a dotted line to the Director Technical Operations in Haarlem.
* Managing the performance of JCI in relation to established KPI's, goals for savings and budgets. Initiating and working on innovative and cost saving measures and continuous improvements in cooperation with JCI.
* Managing all FM assets through a life cycle management model. Working closely together with the Director Technical Operations to deliver the Hard Services through the IFM provider to keep buildings in the required state. Developing replacement plans for the assets under the responsibility of FM.
* Assuring compliance with regulatory and requirements for Quality and EHS and taking appropriate action in case of non-compliance.
* Providing technical /facilities expert guidance to colleagues, clients and service providers. Developing and implementing improvement plans based on analysis to address operational challenges, to improve cost base or increase quality or compliance level.
* Establishing and maintaining a strong relationship with clients at the site. Leveraging relationships by interfacing and influencing with Engineering and service providers to produce optimal result.
* Managing the total FM Budget (about 10 million euro). Within this budget energy is approximately1.7 M Euro. Therefore additional focus on energy saving initiatives together with the Site and Procurement needs to be developed and sponsored.
* Establishing with clients the business case for capital projects, if needed and delivering the projects in close cooperation with local engineering, Global Engineering Services or external engineering consultants.
* Establishing the FM Service levels in agreement with the business needs of the Haarlem site and according to Global Facilities Management policies.
* Bachelor or Masters degree in a technical area (comparable to Dutch HBO/WO)
* Minimum of 10 years working experience
* Lean/Six Sigma experience is preferred
* Experience in a pharmaceutical production environment is preferred
* Fluent in both the English and Dutch language, both spoken and written
* Experience with management of IFM contracts
* Experience in a complex, international environment with matrix organization
* Solid project and change management capacities
* Structured and strategic thinker
* Excellent communication skills
* Good balance between short term priorities and long term goals
* Friendly but decided