Sr. R&D Engineer - Sustaining
- £85000 - £105000 per annum + competitive
- Plymouth, Minnesota
A client of mine is currently recruiting for a Sr. R&D Engineer in the Plymouth, MN area for a medical device company for a full time position.
General Job Overview:
The Sr. R&D Engineer works cross-functionally to lead sustaining and continuation efforts of endoscopy product lines. The engineer would be handling 2 or 3 projects at any time. This individual would be working on both current products along with spending their time focusing on research into current packages or exploring a new technique.
- Develop high-value performance improvements for existing Endoscopy equipment lines
- Drive cost, manufacturing and service improvements through design of mechanical components and processes
- Develop detailed designs and documentation for use by manufacturing and technical support personnel
- Partner with Franchise Management to ensure effective definition of Customer Requirements and translation into comprehensive product specifications.
- Plan, coordinate and document experiments in technical area of expertise to ensure that defined product requirements are met.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations to, and for the use of, engineering management and senior management.
- Prepare and communicate data and information on product updates to field and technical service personnel.
- Ensure that all design activities carried out in the area of technical expertise are in compliance with design controls pertinent to regulatory requirements in all key markets
- Design and document new mechanical components for Endoscopy equipment and accessories using SolidWorks or ProE/Creo
- Provide direction, mentoring and coaching to junior staff on technical aspects of electromechanical product development
- Conduct or direct performance testing to evaluate new materials and components. Identify new vendors, as needed.
- Prepare engineering change orders along with all required documentation
- BS or MS Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or related engineering discipline.
- Minimum 6 years' experience in design, testing and verification/validation of electromechanical equipment
- Strong understanding of fluid mechanics
- Demonstrated ability to use SolidWorks or ProE/Creo, Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Minitab a strong plus
- Experience in a medical design or regulated environment a strong plus
Interview process for this position would involve telephone call with hiring manager and a final on site interview. If this is something that is interesting to you please send your resume.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.